I have been a teacher and coach in the wellness/fitness field for 25 plus years.
Through these years, I have explored and deepened my understanding of wellness, healing and the human body. My journey has included completing level 1 Trager training and studying the work of Feldenkrais. Today, I incorporate and integrate my knowledge and experiences to help clients improve mobility, fitness and functional strength. The focus is on greater awareness of muscle and movement, safe and gentle movements that reduce body discomfort, and discovery of greater ease and flow in body and self.
• BS in Sport Management from UMass/Amherst (MA)
• MS in Teaching and Administration from Springfield College (MA)
• Doctorate in Physical Education (Sport Psychology) from Springfield College (MA)
• ACE-certified Health Coach (since 2004)
• ACE-certified Personal Trainer (since 2003)
• CPR/AED Certified— American Red Cross
• Reiki Master Teacher
• Youth, high school and collegiate athletic coach
• Personal fitness coach at The Longfellow Club (MA), Lady of America (NH), Living In Motion (NH), Healthworks Fitness Center for Women (MA), Body Empowered Wellness (MA), Boston Sports Club (MA), The Body Architect (ME), BodyConnect Coaching (ME & FL), Vineyards Country Club (FL)
• Professor at Bridgewater State College (MA), Salem State College (MA), and Keene State College (NH)
• Mom of two beautiful daughters
Deb helps you write the owner's manual for your body and teaches you that ease of movement helps to create ease of thought. I learned that it is about writing a love story between your physical body and your subconscious mind. After many years of pain, I was able to find a greater sense of power and safety, step by step. Deb is a guide, mirroring your wisdom and creative spirit and helping you to see the reflection of your true self.
Deb is an insightful instructor who takes a holistic approach to her clients’ needs. She quickly assessed several muscle imbalances and started me on a thorough body awareness campaign that has enabled me to use core muscles that I was not using properly, gain strength, and avoid injury. Deb has given me the tools to achieve total body fitness through increased body awareness and she has made it fun along the way.
Deb helped me alleviate severe lower back pain. She observed my gait and how I stood and how I performed different movements, and quickly ascertained that I was off-balance: She taught me some gentle stretches to release my psoas and exercises to further engage my glutes. She also noticed that I hadn’t been engaging my glutes when I walked and taught me to be mindful about activating these posterior muscles with each step. Thanks to Deb and all she taught me, my lower back is strong and in good health. Deb not only knows her stuff, she listens and is compassionate and encouraging. I highly recommend her!
Deb has been inspirational and supportive in my growth after a significant loss. Setting upon a new path and confronting oneself is complex, and Deb has been an open and compassionate mentor along the way.
Since starting to work with Deb, I have learned a lot from her about listening to my own body...Over the past nine months, I have achieved a level of fitness that would not have been possible without Deb. I have lost a total of 40 pounds, I feel great, and I look great. More than that, I feel as though going to the gym and spending time taking care of myself have become an important part of my life – a lesson I left until the ripe old age of 52.
Deb is a gifted facilitator who has a depth of experience and academic training. She is intuitive and compassionate and can effectively help you integrate how the body works and moves and how emotions and thoughts impact your movement.
Mindful Mobility Coach
Copyright © 2023 Mindful Mobility Coach - All Rights Reserved.